We typically don’t offer sales or deals, but there are a few incentives that Sugar Swing Ballroom now provides for its social dances and classes!
Group Rates at Dance Socials
Many people like coming to a Friday or Saturday dance with a group of people to celebrate their birthday, stag, or stagette. It’s a great way to bring your friends together for a fun night out! To make it happen, please contact us ahead of time at our office: we may offer you a ‘group rate’ of $2 off the usual admission if you bring a group of 8 or more people.
Generally, if it is your first time through a class level, you pay full price. However, if you want to retake a course, here’s what we can do:
Swing Dance Classes
To assist with individuals who just want to keep taking classes, or want to reinforce those basics
- Swing 1
- Sweetheart Swing
- Lindy Hop 2
- Lindy Hop 3
- Balboa 1
- Balboa 2
- Jazz 1
- Jazz 2
Retaking Level 1
- 50% Off: If you completed all 12 weeks of Swing 1 or Sweetheart Swing 1 within the last 9 months or less
- Applies to: Swing 1, Sweetheart Swing 1, Balboa 1, Jazz 1
- Also applies to Level 2 or higher students who want to reserve a “spot in the class” (and not be bumped by a volunteer)
Retaking Level 2
- 50% Off: If you completed all 12 weeks of Lindy Hop 2 or Lindy Hop 3 before. No expiry!
- Applies to: Lindy Hop 2, Lindy Hop 3, Balboa 2, Jazz 2
- Also applies to Level 3 or higher students who want to reserve a “spot in the class” (and not be bumped by a volunteer)
Volunteering for Level 1:
- Free of Charge: If you are currently taking or have completed Level 2 or higher, you may volunteer, at no charge, for Level 1
- Subject to instructor approval and necessity of lead/follow balance
- Subject to being bumped; normally, if too many volunteers show up (it happens about 1 in 4 classes!)
Volunteering for Level 2:
- Free of Charge: If you are currently taking or have completed Level 3 or higher, you may volunteer, at no charge, for Level 2
Retaking Tap 1
- 50% Off: If you’ve taken all 12-weeks or 15-weeks of Tap 1 within the last 9 months
Retaking Tap 2
- It is pretty common to take Tap 2 more than once (ie, 2x or 3x) before moving up to Tap 3; as such, there is no discount for taking Tap 2 a second or third time; ie, if you are taking Tap 2 but know you aren’t ready for Tap 3, we ask that you keep paying the usual price.
- Likewise, there is no discount for taking Tap 3 a second or third time.
- One exception:
- 50% off: If you have taken Tap 3 or are at level 3 (as identified by your instructor), you may receive this discount
- Free Tap 1 or Tap 2 for Tap 3 students: If you’re currently taking Tap 3 but want extra practice, you may chat with your teacher to do so
- Free Tap 1 for Tap 2 students: If you’re currently taking Tap 2 but want extra practice, you may chat with your teacher to do so
African and Caribbean Classes
Since these classes are presently all-level classes, we may offer a 25% discount for retaking these classes. Don’t worry, you’ll still be plenty challenged!
How to Proceed
For classes, simply register online for the class but do not pay. Please mention in the comments that you wish to apply for the discount, and the reason. When you come your first day, our admin staff will double-check the qualification, apply the discount in our system, and have you pay the proper amount.